1969 Chevelle Build Sheet/Broadcast Sheet Examples
Build Sheets/Broadcast Copy sheets are paperwork that accompanied a vehicle as it was being assembled showing what components were to be used during construction. These were not meant to be left in the car once they were no longer needed at a particular workstation, nor were they left for us to find them in a treasure hunt. Rather, they were suppose to be collected and tossed in the trash once they served their purpose.
1969 continued to be a mixture of early BODY BROADCAST COPY, CHASSIS BROADCAST COPY, and general broadcast copy sheets commonly called "build sheets" and different plants appear to use different methods.
The links below will take you to pages with examples of build sheets and/or broadcast copy sheets for that plant.
Chevelle Production Plants
* Atlanta, Georgia - Atlanta, Georgia
Broadcast Copy Sheets
* Baltimore, Maryland Build Sheets - Baltimore, Maryland Broadcast Copy Sheets
* Framingham, Massachusetts Build Sheets
* Fremont, California Build Sheets
* Kansas City Build Sheets - Kansas City, Missouri Broadcast Copy Sheets
* Oshawa, Ontario ~ Oshawa did not have build documents like the U.S. plants but rather what's referred to as a Line Schedule Tag. Vintage Vehicle Services also offers a service, for a fee, that will take your car's VIN and send you a sheet outlining the date the car was sold, the dealer that sold the car, and the options it came with.
Any questions concerning your build sheet can be addressed to me at . Be sure to include the assembly plant and as many specifics about the car that you know. A readable scan or photo of the build sheet in question will also be helpful.