1968 Chevelle Production Numbers by Series/Model
The Series/Model columns correspond to VIN series & body style and not Fisher Body plate Style numbers.
Production Year Calendar
|Chevelle 300, 2-door coupe **||13127||9,733||13227||2,919||12,652|
|Nomad, 4-door wagon, 2-seat||13135||6,340||13235||4,930||11,270|
|Chevelle 300 Deluxe, 2-door coupe **||13327||5,661||13427||3,796||9,457|
|Nomad Custom, 4-door wagon, 2-seat||13335||2,830||13435||7,420||10,250|
|Chevelle 300 Deluxe, 2-door sport coupe||13337||4,534||13437||6,803||11,337|
|Chevelle 300 Deluxe, 4-door sedan||13369||15,307||13469||7,064||22,371|
|Nomad Custom, 4-door wagon, 3-seat||13345||n/a||13445||753||753|
|Chevelle 300 Deluxe, 2-door sedan pickup *||13380||2,757||13480||6,082||8,839|
|Malibu, 4-door wagon, 2-seat||13535||1,314||13635||13,739||15,053|
|Malibu, 2-door sport coupe||13537||20,561||13637||180,401||200,962|
|Malibu, 4-door sport sedan||13539||1,949||13639||15,069||17,018|
|Malibu, 4-door wagon, 3-seat||13545||5||13645||1,049||1,054|
|Malibu, 4-door sedan||13569||9,737||13669||30,772||40,509|
|Malibu, 2-door sedan pickup *||13580||1,072||13680||26,690||27,762|
|Concours, 4-door wagon, 6-pass, 2-seat||13735||210||13835||4,088||4,298|
|Concours, 4-door wagon, 9-pass, 3-seat||n/a||n/a||13845||505||505|
|SS396, 2-door sport coupe||n/a||n/a||13837||55,309||55,309|
|SS396, 2-door sedan pickup *||n/a||n/a||13880||5,190||5,190|
The total production according to the reported last VIN of each assembly plant totals 464,699 and matches figures above.
(1) Canadian production figure for 1968 is reported by Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts to be 26,118 units and those specific series/model are not included in the series/model figures above for 1968. In addition, according to Vintage Vehicle Services documentation provided to owners, there were 1,161 units produced for sale in Canada for series/model 13837 and only 1 13437 300 Deluxe Sport Coupe (an L79 engine equipped car).
(2) Vintage Vehicle Services reports indicate 108 13867 SS396 convertibles were 'Produced for Sale in Canada.
(3) The term 'Produced for Sale in Canada' does not infer the unit was assembled in Canada.
(4) n/a indicates the series/model was not available with that engine type.
(5) Vintage Vehicle Services reports indicate 328 13680 Malibu El Caminos were 'Produced for Sale in Canada
* The El Camino is a body style and not a series.
** Note the 2-door pillar sedan model name was changed from "sedan" to "coupe" for the 1968 model year in both the 300 series and 300 Deluxe series.